Digital Marketing And Your Business
With so many people searching online to research and buy products and services, it is imperative to have a digital marketing strategy for your business. Having a well researched plan will help bring your business closer to your online target audience.
A few stats:
- 51% of smartphone users have discovered a new company or product when conducting a search on their smartphone. (Google, 2015)
- 81% of shoppers conduct online research before making big purchases. (Retailing Today, 2014)
- Nearly one-third of the world uses social networks regularly. (eMarketer, 2017)
- “Organisations that are inbound are more likely to state that their marketing strategy is effective. Indeed, the majority of respondents who are part of outbound organisations do not think their marketing strategy is effective”. (Hubspot state of inbound 2017)
- Smartphones are more popular as a device for browsing products while desktop is preferred for making a transaction. (Monetate)
- There were 2.32 billion smartphone users in 2017 globally. (Statista)
A strategic, multi level digital marketing plan encompasses many factors. Firstly It considers structuring your website to make it easier for people to find your website, it needs to be search engine friendly. Equally as important is the value of analysing and optimising the user experience on your website prior to investing large sums of money in paid advertising.
The First Steps To Your Plan
- The definition of business goals and marketing objectives
- Identifying target audiences and customer journeys.
- Ensuring your website is user friendly, search engine friendly and fit for purpose.
- Creating content your target audience wants to read.
- Optimising the desktop and mobile page speeds.
- Search Engine Optimisation: Carefully researching and selecting keywords for your SEO efforts.
- Ensuring your website is mobile responsive.
Once you have carefully considered all these aspects you are then ready to move on to creating, implementing and investing in paid and owned advertising efforts.
Marketing efforts can be time consuming. Make sure you set aside an adequate length of time to achieve the best marketing plans, there are plenty of online courses that can equip you with the skills needed. Alternatively you can hire a digital marketing agency like ours to help you. Yes, it will cost a fee but it will give you the time to do what you do best – run your business.